So this morning I packed a big blue bag before leaving to drop Gracie at Mandies while I worked.
Every Thursday I have scheduled therapy sessions with preschoolers so toys, stickers, books, markers, etc are always involved. I frequently rifle through Gracie's toys before I leave to see if there is anything that will help in my sessions. Gracie always asks me "Are your client's going to borrow my toys, Mom?" and I say "Yes. Thank you so much for sharing them with me and with them."
So today she watched me pack silly putty and asked if she could have it. I told her that we would play with it at lunch time when we got home.
Later, when we were home, the silly putty had been played with and she was settling into her bed for a nap, we had a funny little conversation. I always have funny little conversations with her these days, especially when she is trying to put off going to sleep :) Here is how it went....
Gracie: Mom, can I be one of your clients so I can play with you?
Me: Honey you don't have to be one of my clients. You can play with me anytime.
Gracie: That's o.k Mom. I don't want to be a client. I want to be your therapist to help you with your feelings.
Me: You always help me with my feelings.
Gracie: We will play with silly putty. That will help you.
Me: Sounds good to me. Now go to sleep Gracie Noodle.
What a funny little girl. What a lucky Mom I am. Sometimes I have a hard time remembering that she is only 2 1/2..........going on 25 I am pretty sure.
Does she really have to grow up?
Here We Are
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment