Thursday, February 10, 2011

Poop!!!!!!!!

So Gracie has been NUTS this week. She has pushed every limit that I have set for her and doesn't do what is asked of her until she has to go to time out or lose a privilege and then I hear "I will do it, Mom! Don't send me to time out!" It has been hectic to say the least and I have constantly been surprised at how good a 2 1/2 year old can be at pushing all the right buttons with both Tracy and I so that we want to pull our hair out.

On Tuesday we had an especially frustrating day where she constantly fought every thing I told her to do...EVERYTHING! After a long cranky day, while I went to a work appointment, Grace went to Amy's to play with Will. When I picked her up, I was told that she behaved wonderfully...until I showed up....which is the usual lately. (It really makes me feel like an awesome Mom, let me tell you.) So when I told her it was time to go, Grace proceeded to hit me and then kick her friend Will. I am pretty sure the show was all for my benefit and it immediately got me frazzled and frustrated. My buttons were officially pushed AND she got attention, which is just what she wanted. I told her she had to go to time out and then remembered the last time that she did time out for me at a friends house and she laughed at me the whole time. So...we both went home frustrated. She got a lecture that was way too advanced for a 2 1/2 year old to really understand and she lost her favorite babies...Mr. Tickles and Ms. Scary... and she had to help me put away folded clothes to earn them back for bedtime....which she did with about 7 million prompts from me not to drop all the clothes to look at the stain on the carpet or to chase Mopsy.... Then she sat down to dinner and screamed every time I tried to say the prayer before our meal. I had HAD it. I looked at Tracy (who came home in the middle of all this) and said "you take over" through clenched teeth as I thought about inflicting bodily harm on my little angel. So Tracy started talking to her (in a very stern voice) about being respectful during the prayer and listening to Mom and Dad. Well...Gracie screamed "POOP!!!" at the top of her lungs and then let out the loudest fart that I have heard in a really long time...And that is saying something. Think about who I live with...seriously. It was all over after that. All three of us burst out laughing and I couldn't stop until tears made their way out of the sides of my eyes. All I have to say is that it is a good thing this girl is funny...and cute :)

No comments: