Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cold Winter Days...Batman, fairies, and Mopsy




We had a very hectic little photo shoot today as I was trying to take a cute snapshot of G to put in her Valentines for the family. We had some time on our hands because it is a snow day here in Columbus and NO ONE is out and about...

I decided I liked this photo the best and edited it (above), but am not sure if I like the original better (minus the date)

I was trying to get a cute picture of Gracie and Mopsy together since they have become good frenemies the past couple of months, but they wouldn't cooperate. Gracie harrassed Mopsy and pulled her tail the entire time and Mopsy grumbled at Gracie and chased her around. They wouldn't sit BY each other at all ....only ON each other and we had lots of yelling and laughing...

I finally got G to sit down when I promised to tell her stories about fairies. However, she took over and wouldn't stop talking to take pictures...


More talking...








Doesn't Mopsy look happy? Probably not. Gracie and Mopsy have a very strange friendship. Mopsy is constantly grumbling at Gracie but follows her around and can't stand to sleep without her. I finally realized this when Mopsy was barging into Gracies room every night and waking her up. Now I put them both to bed together for bedtime and naptime and it works really well. Gracie chases her around her room every night before bed to give her "kisses" and pull her ears and yet Mopsy always comes back for more teasing.


Mopsy posed very well for several photos herself....



Today was a very ICY day. My work appointments were cancelled as were all the schools. Gracie and I decided to stay put and make our own fun by playing her favorite right now...Fairy princesses in their castle...


Gracie and Vidia (her fairy) hanging out in her Fairy princess castle that is a tent I made for her out of curtains that we were no longer using. She loves it and all it cost was 3.00 for a hula hoop to put the curtains through.












It has been sooo cold so poor Gracie hasn't been out much and neither have Tracy and I unless we have to...for necessary things like work, errands and shoveling the drive way. Gracie was so excited to bundle up and go out with Dad to do just that. She even got a little sledding in. She HAD to wear a mask she made at Mandie's house. She told me she was batman wearing her mask. It was hilarious and when she was done shoveling and sledding she had frozen snot all over the mask and down her face below it. It was glued on her face!



Dad and Batman...

1 comment:

Harada's said...

OH GOODY!! I just saw your blog on the watsons blog. Now I get to staulk you. =)
Gracie is just so freaking cute!! SERIOSULY!