This is the "team" of buddies. Will, Grace and Grace. Aren't they so cute?
Gracie's witch ran with her...Man she loves that little pez dispenser. She is sleeping with it tonight and it glows in the dark.
Can you see her sweet shirt?
You can see other people in the bright orange shirts behind Grace...All the lucky adults got to wear those. I LOVE my shirt. It is so cozy. I sleep in it all the time...but I try really hard not to wear it in public. I don't know a lot of people that bright orange is flattering to.
It was WET WET WET! Tracy is putting on a brave face and dreaming about sleeping in and watching sports.
Well...Thanksgiving came and went too quickly. I can't even believe it is almost Christmas! I thought I ought to post a few pics of Gracie and the fam from our Thanksgiving adventures. On Thanksgiving morning we got up bright and early (with lots of grumbling from Tracy) so that Gracie and I could go and run the Columbus Turkey Trot. For those of you who don't know what that is (I didn't before this year), it is a 5 mile run on Thanksgiving morning in nearby beautiful Upper Arlington. This year "the trot" was in support of Autism research and treatment so
I was very excited. I was equally excited to run off some calories before eating the 20,000 I had planned for that evening....BUT I was most excited because I got to share part of this with Gracie Noodle. She participated in the Tot Trot which took place right before the race. It was 100 meters and she was SOOOOOOOOO excited! We had been talking about it for weeks and she had been "practicing running 5 miles" (her words) everytime we went to the gym. Well the day of the race came and I woke her up and said "Get up! Its time to run the turkey trot!" Well she sat up like a bolt of lightning and said "Lets go Mom!" So we did and she ran...and it was possibly the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life. She wore her little shirt and took off so fast. I held her hand to help her head in the right direction toward the finish line and was so proud to see her pass so many other kids who were stopping to check the cracks in the pavement or sit down. She was AWESOME! Then right before the finish line she biffed it! But it didn't phase her and she got back up and finished the race. She got a SWEET little medal, and, even more exciting for her a bag of cookies. After that, running the race was pretty anticlimactic, but was so fun. I ran with my friend Mandie who was so patient with my slow pace. We chatted and made some plans to shop after the race at Old Navy and later at Walmart. For me that is very exciting because I LOVE Black Friday! It was nice and rainy too so we got a bit soggy by the end. I would like to say we ran the race with our friends Amy and Cortney too. However, they ran so far ahead of us that I think we only spent about 2 minutes with them at the beginning of the run. After the race, Mandie and I hightailed it over to Old Navy in all of our soggy, smelly, orange clad glory. We shopped until we HAD to go home and cook and then I spent Gracie's nap cooking pie, homemade mac and cheese, tasty green bean and bacon casserole, salad and I think something else. Dinner was at the McAllisters (Amy and Cortney) and it was divine! So much yummy food and great friends to share it with. All in all a wonderful Thanksgiving......And at midnight Mandie and I headed back out to do a little more shopping......:)
1 comment:
I love that Gracie got to run in her own little race! You are setting such a good example for her! I wish I was there to cheer you both on. I'm so glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment