Sunday, November 14, 2010

Herme and Friends


Gracie Noodle has been HILARIOUS lately. She has been obsessed with Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and has asked to watch it daily. It is a huge motivator for her. She has decided that she loves Herme the Elf the most and pretends to carry him around with her all the time. She sleeps with him, feeds him, plays with him...well you get the idea....
For the past three nights she has had me tuck Herme in bed with her (Remember, I can't actually see Herme) and get him an extra blanket because he is cold. She also asked me to talk to Herme and ask him "not to be so rowdy" at bedtime.
As I was rocking her tonight I said "Lets say your bedtime prayers". Gracie folded her arms and I started the prayer and Gracie quickly took over. She said "Thank you for Herme, Miss Scary, Tickles and Frosty the Snowman". She then told me several stories about how Rudolph ate all of Herme's candy.
After I put her in bed she rustled around grunting. I asked her what she was doing and she said "I am wrapping Herme in his weebit"(her word for blanket).
As I left I heard her talking to Herme and Miss Scary. Then I heard her yell "Mom! Say goodnite to my friends! " Of course I peeked my head in and said goodnite to all her friends. What an imagination!
One more little funny...Earlier I found her under her bed with her head poking out. I asked her what she was doing and she said "Mom! There is a monster outside and I am writing a letter to Santa." Well of course...what else would she be doing?

No comments: