Thursday, December 16, 2010

Pickles

I can't seem to go a day without Gracie doing something that puts Tracy and I in stitches. She is so stinkin' funny without even trying. Seriously. So...last night when G was having a snack before bed she asked if she could have some dill pickles (which she loves by the way) and I said "sure" and got her three little baby pickles out to eat. Well, she ate two and then started talking and I thought she was singing. When I started paying attention to what she was doing I realized she was talking to her pickle. She was telling her pickle that "he" could come to bed with her and that he could lay by her in her bed. She then told "him" that he needed a weebit (blankie) and asked me if I would get a paper towel for him. I did and watched fascinated as she wrapped him up and got him ready for bed. Well she had a little bit of a fit when we told her that her "little guy" as she called him, couldn't go to bed. When all was said and done we convinced her that he could sleep on the table in his blankie while she went to bed. Right before she went to bed Tracy told her that he was going to throw away the pickle so she had another mini fit until she got Daddy to agree to keep her pickle on the table....She gave him a stinky pickle kiss and went to bed.

Per her request we sang "Pickles are beautiful" while she lay in her bed. (Does anyone else know that song beside me? I remember learning that in 1st grade)

...Well, I thought we were done with that and then at lunch time today she asked me about "little guy" and I froze and stammered because I threw the pickle away last night after she went to sleep. (And..yes..I lied to my daughter and promised to keep her pickle and didn't!) I then told her that I had to let him sleep with his brother and sister pickles in the jar and that he was waiting for her there. So...we got "little guy" out and she wrapped him up in another weebit and played with him until nap time. "He" is still sitting on the table and I don't want to throw him away until she is done playing for the night :)

No comments: