Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Baby G's Holiday




The holiday's have gone by much to quickly for our family. Gracie has enjoyed every thing from the lights to having her cousin "Paizeez" visit. She has done so many cute/silly things this December that I feel the need to document a few of them so I don't forget them. I am sure that sugar overload has contributed to some of the silliness..but I also just think she is the cutest little toddler in the world!

The picture of her that is posted is of her laying down in the tub looking and listening to the drain. She became convinced that Frosty the Snowman was down the drain so she kept looking for him down there. I have tried to convince her on many occasions throughout December that Frosty is o.k and is not down the drain, but every time she gets in the tub she talks about him. It sounds something like this "Shoshy...down a drain..Shoshy...get Shoshy Mommy". Then we have to go into a lively rendition of Frosty the Snowman. I am sure that all of our family that came for the holiday are pretty sick of singing that song because Gracie requested it all the time!

Gracie has also developed many quirky adorable new habits and sayings. For most of December when she sees a picture of herself she calls herself "Baby G". We don't know where this came from because we have never called her that, but it is pretty cute. She has also started hiding things behind a chair in our family room. We started the season with two Nativity sets and now have one. I found the baby Jesus, Mary and the Wise men hidden under blankets behind the chair more than once and Gracie always wanted to hold the baby Jesus and sing songs to him and give him "Kisses". Needless to say pieces got broken but I don't know if that is so bad if she got even a little bit of what Christmas is about by her Shenanigans.

Gracie has also been incredibly clingy and cuddly with me throughout December. She has started giving me slobbery kisses when I put her to bed (I think she knows if she does that I will let her stay up longer) and she has started rubbing my cheeks and saying "I miss you Mommy". I love this new sweeter side of her and have to admit that bedtimes have been taking much longer these days because I can't resist her cuteness!

On New Year's Eve, I was bathing Gracie and asked her to brush her teeth in the tub. She was doing just that and became bored pretty quickly. She looked up at me and tried to hand me her toothbrush and I said "No Grace. You need to brush the bottom ones too (teeth)." She looked up at me very seriously and then took her toothbrush and began to brush her bottom.....not her bottom teeth! I could not stop laughing and I yelled for Tracy to come up and see. He wasn't quick enough, but it may have been the funniest thing she has done yet...

I love being a Mom and have loved these holidays more than many before because of the chance Tracy and I have had to watch our little Girl become so excited and involved in everything we have done. What an amazing year 2009 has been for us and we can't wait to enjoy all that 2010 has to offer our family!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Those stories were hilarious! How fun that Gracie thought that Frosty was down the drain... and brushing her bottom with her toothbrush!!! I laughed out loud! I miss you guys so much!!! I wish Nate's schegual was a little easier to work around so we could get up there and see you again... Hopefully it wont take too long to get Nate's March schegual so we can find a day to get together. Alyssa and Gracie are a hoot together!

Love ya TONS!!!