Thursday, July 14, 2011

Gracie is 3!





Gracie making a wish

Good times!


A little pixie dust in the hair

Little fairies spreading a little bit of magic.
Trying to catch balloons
My favorite face in the world!
Sophi, Alyssa, and Gracie having a little girl time
Blowing bubbles
I finally got around to putting up some pictures from Gracie's birthday. Her birthday was on a Wednesday so we celebrated it on the following Saturday. Her party was so much fun. Months ago she told me she wanted a fairy party so being the over zealous party planner that I am I enjoyed every second of preparation for it. The day before the party we spent the entire day together preparing everything. That was my favorite part of the whole thing :) We mixed cake, made banana muffins,icing, colored fondant....made flowers to hang, finished the fairy wands, put helium in balloons, made picks for the cupcakes, cleaned and more. Grace loves making and creating things and we had the BEST day together. She had the hardest time sleeping the night before, but fortunately she had received a BIG GIRL bed from us for her birthday so she was happy to snuggle into her PURPLY bedding and dream about fairies. Her party couldn't have turned out more perfect. Her little friends like Maddie, Sa all arrived and so did our big friends. We were blessed to have some of our wonderful Med school friends come with their sweet little ones and it was a wonderful day :) The fairies dressed up, sprinkled pixie dust, blew bubbles, ate lunch, made fairy houses and ate a ton of cake and pixie sticks. I am pretty sure we overdid the sugary treats but it was a party and I would imagine that real fairies eat a lot of sweets :) Some of our friends stayed the entire day and we had the chance to catch up after way too long! Gracie made fast friends with Alyssa and Sophi and they spent much of the late afternoon dressing up and playing in her room. Gracie laughed so much that day and I only hope she had as good of a time as I did. I hope she knows how special she is to us. We love our little fairy so much! She would be happy to know that she was the PURPLIEST fairy at the party :)

No comments: