Saturday, January 15, 2011

Braving Santa


This is a really unclear photo of the photo of Gracie sitting on Santa's lap this year. We made the mistake of taking her somewhere where we couldn't get an electronic copy of the picture and although I scanned the photo was unable to upload it to our blog or to facebook.
So here is the story. Gracie was so excited to go see Santa. She practiced talking to him before hand and telling him what she wanted for Christmas. She dressed up and made sure she put on chapstick so she would look nice.
However, when we arrived to see him, none of us were impressed...least of all Gracie. Santa looks a little bit frightening and even more so in person. Gracie bravely waited in a short line to meet him but when it was her turn she needed me to walk her up to him. She grimaced and let him put her on his lap. Then she looked around frightened for a few seconds and I could hear her say softly "Mom, he is a little bit scary". A few seconds after this she squirmed off of his lap and ran back to Tracy and I. I asked her "Did you tell him what you want for Christmas?" and she said "no" and ran back and stood in front of him about 3 feet away and yelled "I want a kitchen and some things!" Tracy and I had a good laugh and when she came back she looked so relieved as though she had done a chore that was most unpleasant. And...I am sure that it was...but she got the job done!
The whole way home I heard from the backseat "Mom, did I tell him what I want for Christmas?" and "Was he a little bit scary, Mom?"

No comments: