Wednesday, February 24, 2010

February 2010 Valentines Fun























February has been such a snowy month for us here in Columbus. I have to admit it has not been our favorite month because it has been sooo incredibly cold! To break the monotony of our days I planned a little tea party for Gracie and three of her little girl friends. G and I spent the day before making cookies, heart shaped jello jigglers and heart shaped rice crispy squares....

We had it in early February and it was a good chance for Gracie to wear her "gorgeous skirt" as she calls her tutu I made her. She is really into dress up right now so this was a perfect activity for her. Her little girlfriends names are Maddie, Savannah, and Makaya. They all looked so adorable! The girls decorated little heart purses, made sticker pictures and ate so many yummy treats! It was almost an overload of "cuteness" with all these adorable little girls around. Maddie was the only little girl who understood the concept of the tea party and used her little cup, saucer, etc. Gracie just stood by the food table and shoveled in the food! Very fun!

We also decorated a "Valentines Tree" this month as Gracie was so enamored with the christmas tree. It was more of a dead stick with hearts and glitter on it than anything, but G loved it!

I included a few pics of G playing with her little friend Will. We call them "Will and Grace". They really like to get into trouble together and in these pics, Will is showing Grace a way to get to the computer from the couch. In another, Grace is looking rather glamorous with her bed head and is giving Will a big hug. So much love!

Happy February to you all! Hope spring is around the corner!

1 comment:

Becky said...

A tea party!! What a fun idea! The pictures are so cute, but I LOVED the one of Gracie through the heart shaped cookie cutter!!! That is such an awesome idea AND it's a great shot of Gracie!

I miss you like CRAZY! I really wish Alyssa could have come to the tea party... distance stinks. I'm eyeballing trying to get out to the Temple on the 6th of March... does Tracy have that day off?