Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Poop Story, Poop Story 2, and Poop Story 3

Poop Story
On Saturday Gracie took a nap without a pullup. We have been trying that a lot lately because she has been doing so well with staying dry. Well...after her nap I went in to get her out of bed and she was bare from the waist down. I looked on the floor and found her pants and underwear with a little poop on them. I looked at her bottom and realized she had a lot more poop on her bottom. I went and got wipes and began to wipe her bottom up. I then told her that she needed to get right in the bath while I cleaned up her mess, as I found some poop on her legs and in her bed. We started a bath and I grabbed her favorite dolly "plum pudding' out of her bed and took it in the bathroom to put in the bath with her. As her bath progressed I kept smelling the poop and kept scrubbing her legs and bottom more...still it didnt' go away. Finally I realized the horrible smell was coming from Plum Pudding who had a giant clump of poo in her hair! I asked Gracie about it and she said "Mom, I was calling for you saying 'I need to go potty' and you didn't come. I wiped my bum with Plum's hair." EWWWWWWW....Gross!!!!! Plum had 6 hair washings and her hair now smells lovely

Poop Story 2
Last night I put Gracie on the potty when she told me she had to poo. She pooped and yelled "mom! I pooped a huge one!" I tried to clean her up and she said "Mom, I need a private seat to go poo more." So I gave her some privacy and she finished. I came back in and found her wiping her bottom. I said "I can help you honey" to which she replied "I pooped a huge one, and a little one" Then she dropped her tissue in the potty looked in and said "The big poo is Mommy. The little one is Gracie and the tissue is Daddy!" I wasn't sure how to respond to that except to laugh hysterically and go tell Tracy that he is a poopy tissue.

Poop Story 3
This morning I was on the phone talking to a woman in Maine that we may rent a home from this summer when Tracy takes the Lancaster course at Colby College. I was a bit distracted and when Gracie told me she needed to go potty I told her to go ahead and I would check on her in a few minutes. Well, 5 minutes later, went in to find her sitting on the potty...a few poop smears up the side and a MOUNTAIN of toilet paper under her feet. She was struggling to get off the potty and I stopped her and asked her what she was doing. She said "Mom! I made a bridge to cover my poopy underwear!" .....What a genius :) I found the poopy underwear under the "bridge" and cleaned it up.

After all this I keep wondering when you consider a child officially potty trained?????? Seriously???????

2 comments:

Janacy said...

LOL Poopy tissue ;)

Gotta love the joys of parenthood.

To answer your question, my 6 year old still has issues with her poop and getting it all out or not making it to the toilet, SO it's a fun, ongoing process. *tip of the day* - Buy those flushable wetwipes. They help SO much :)
*hugs*

Becky said...

Boy I needed to laugh today. This did the trick. She is hilarious!