Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Trick or Treating















We had the BEST time trick or treating this year! Well, it was the first time I have trick or treated since I was young so maybe that was one of the reasons, but mostly it was how much fun Gracie had. In Columbus they do trick or treating differently than I grew up doing and much differently than they do in Virginia. Different neighborhoods trick or treat on different nights according to assignment so that the police can patrol areas that will be busy. Our neighborhood was assigned the Thursday before Halloween and it was from 6-9 pm. All the neighbors dressed up and sat in their drive ways with candy with fire pits to keep warm. Everyone was so great to Gracie and she made so many new friends. So many people had fantastic decorations and were out scaring the trick or treaters. Gracie met a new dog and tried to give candy away to a lot of people. At one house a woman held out a handful of suckers for Gracie to chose from and she took the whole thing! The woman thought it was so cute she let her take them all! She giggled and laughed all the way down the block and back again and when we got home she went through her candy and got out her favorite suckers. I let her sit on the porch with me and pass out candy to all the trick or treaters that came to our house. It was sooo much fun!

No comments: